geb chapter 5 (recursive structures)
Tags: Hofstadter - Godel, Escher, Bach
- Treats music as a shallow stack with two keys
- Talks about recursion in a langauge, verb-at-the-end requires a stack (german)
- arabic verb at the start, is this a queue?
- return address -> where the recursion in loops swing back to
- retrival - stored procedures
- epimenides paradox
- recursion as a form of information compress, you can store the recursive function and generate the data with it later
- renormalization - reconstruction of particle state with its peers
- grammars in recursion, human langauges, physics
- when are two things the same? when are they not the same?