history of islamic law
spring 2022 classes
Final Essay Outline
- Begin at the ba’ath
- Ayatollah Husayn Burujirdi
- Sistani’s figures
- Role of Islam in the Iraqi consitution?
- Role of Husseinyya rituals in the constitution?
- Constitution of Iraq
- Attempts at reformation of practices either through the falleglation (sayyid muhsin)
- Reza Shah - Nakash 170
- Trace Sayyid Muhsin’s development of flaggelations and innovations
- is flagellation an innovatoin?
- Not very clear, attempt to trace innnovation from Reza Shah and Sayyid Muhsin
- Shaikh Abd al-Husain Sadiq, Mirza Husain al-Na’ini in Najaf
- Sayyid Abu l-Hasan al-Isfahani
- the question of flagellation, and why imam’s never do it, and other
- Sayyid Muhsin speaks against tatbir
- Szanto article
- The question of flagellation and additional changes
- What is at stake here, with Sayyid Muhsin vs
- Shakih Abd al-Hussain Sadiq
- Mizra Hussain al-Na’ini in Najaf
- And Sayyid Abu il-Hasan al-Isfahani
- What does ali al-wardi say about this?
- Sayid Mohammad al-Quziwini issued a fatwa in 1926, stating that the rituals are to be limited
- The role of shia rituals and its entwinement with local politics that doesn’t link necessarily with waqf or the material