fetishization of doctrine
- Jihad/security studies tends to fetishize doctrine
- we take these orientialist views because we view these things as foriegn
- these people adopt a different universalism, therefore we view it from first principals rather than viewing as a social element
- why do we adopt a sociological view of ourselves but doctrine based of others?
- is fiqh the correct mode of analysis? can everything be read through fiqh?
- islamic financing
- we should look at the social elements of it
- less studied because of relatively curious nature of it
- Talal asad
- UN peacekeeping fetishization on rote practice of human rights and protection of civilians without teaching it
What is doctrine? What are the correct universalities? Is there a universality?