Archiving a Revolution: Smartphones, Social Media, & Protest
Tags: problems and methods
- many countries have similar network restrictions
- signal’s DNS bypass -> open sooq
- turkey’s blocking of wikipedia earlier in the year
- sudanese resistance by organizing early
- How are the current modes of archiving relating to photos captured by the protestors?
- playing baby shark in iraq, lebanon music festival,
- Privilaging of social media because that is what is accessible
- Does having images of Tahrir next to images of cats devalue Tahrir?
- how does imagery on this serve specific uses? Does this mean anything in terms of the archival form of data and mapping the French attempted to perform?